Tuesday, June 26, 2012

7 months slipping by.

Urgh. Well, that didn't go as planned.

So, what the heck happned.

Well, loyal followers, as we all remember I shouted from a mountain top that I would be laying tracks down for a much desired recording project. I probably should have checked by recording software to see if all was working as I had expected. It was not. Plus, I just didn't have the desire, nor material, to dive on in. So time turned into a blur and I lost track of it all.

In that time, however, I rediscovered an obsessive love of music I had previously lost. I gained more love for bands I had always enjoyed, but now found myself loving (Yes and The Monkees being the main two). I found a new love of my guitar, one that is driving me to learn the instrument more than ever before. I also bought a new guitar in the process. I have been writing and perfecting new songs, and actually learning covers, something I had always looked down on before. But now I am using those covers to keep me playing and interested during "dry spells."

So, why am I rambling on here? Nope, I am not going to make any great promises, and empty threats of this site being updated all of the time. I am only writing this here because I feel a need to. Going to try and write on this thing here when I feel a need to. Hopefully this will become an eventual regular move on my part, but as my buddy Ken will probably say, I ain't believing it until I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment