Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Look at that, a year has almost passed again!

I can sit here and start to claim all of the grand things I am planning, but it is quite obvious that I should not promise anything. As Drivin' N Cryin' said, "A promise unbroken is a strange thing indeed." That being said, I will be trying to actually complete a few things with Sonic, if they happen only time will actually tell.

Things changed in my life, which quickly put a halt to the plans from the last posting. In a nutshell I did become employed. The job, teaching first-grade, proved to be just as time consuming as my cooperating teacher had always promised it would be, which caused Sonic to fall to the back seat.

As this summer approached I had started to dream of wondrous ideas with Sonic. I was going to re-launch the print fanzine again, full of wonderful articles. The idea would be to not focus on interviews, but actually focus on actual essay style articles. I wanted the 'zine to be a reading priority for the music snob, of which I am one.

The problem is, however, that it would cost money. While I am finally employed, I did choose a career where the greatest pay is through the students' success, not in the financial flood. I could possibly make it work, but I also had to buy a new car recently. It is a fine car, but sadly modern technology in cars does not include a printing press. Dang near everything else, but no printing press.

This has lead me to choose to go the blog route. Considering this is the blog route, I am also going to try and do as much as I can with this blog. I will do the thing I have mentioned, essay type of articles, but also just writing about the things that happen or go on that I think would fit. I am hoping to have some contributions from outside sources also.

Eventually this will all hopefully lead up to a print form of Sonic again. I am not going to promise that will happen, or even that updates here will be regular. But, in all honesty, I do believe I will be able to do this blog thing on a semi-regular basis. So please check back from time to time.

- Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment